Paris Motor Show, an avant premiere for the DS brand
Paris-born French brand, DS is proud to make its debut at the Paris Motor Show. Officially created on 1st June of this year, the DS brand has a clear-cut ambition: to return the French automotive industry to the ranks of the premium carmakers.Proud of its values of French know-how, the 1300 m2 showcase of DS makes awakening all the sense of the visitors featuring 15 cars in a world full of elegance, French know how and avant-garde.
DS will present concept cars – the DIVINE DS and DS 3 INES DE LA FRESSANGE
PARIS CONCEPT – that herald the Brand’s future :
- DS 3 INES DE LA FRESSANGE PARIS CONCEPT has been fashioned for the chic, audacious and independent Parisian woman. With a satiny Ink Blue body, glossy Black Onyx’ roof and diamond-effect 17” Aphrodite wheels, this car features manyelements that can be personalised.
- DIVINE DS, a manifesto of the DS style, is a four-door car distinguished by its compact lines. Along with its sleek and assertive exterior styling, DIVINE DS has an interior whose elements are combined in totally original ways to reflect DS’s avant-garde spirit and sophistication. its exclusive cooperation initiatives with Swarovski, the reference in crystals, and Lesage, the master of embroidery, reflect the ability of ds to bring different worlds together.
Divine DS received the award for “Best Concept Car Award” from Auto Plus and RTL. For this competition, 44 models were nominated in four different categories: commercial cars, concept cars, green cars and “children’s choice”. DIVINE DS was unanimously acclaimed by 37.4% of 23,350 voters.
DS presented also – its latest creations, the DS 3 and DS 3 CABRIO, with their new Xenon Full LED light signature. City cars par excellence, the DS 3 and DS 3 CABRIO also features new equipement, Active City Brake which offers a braking system that prevents collisions at low speeds.
.Besides concept-car and commercial cars, The DS has a “connected” future thanks to:
- Scan MyDS, an interactive smartphone application with its image recognition technology, a scan is all it takes to get all the answers to one’s questions.
- DS Connect Box, a panoply of connected services delivered via a telematics box installed in the car. DS Connect Box offers localised emergency calls and assistance along with a Monitoring package that includes a virtual service logbook
New engines that are more powerful and efficient and that meet the Euro6 standard are already in some DSs and will be installed in future ones :
- The THP 165 S&S petrol engine, which will come out in November in the DS 3 and in coming months in the DS 4. It will deliver more power and lower CO2 emissions, respectively, of 129 g/km and 128 g/km. Meanwhile, the DS 4 will be powered by the PureTech 130 (20% less CO2) and Blue HDi 120 (12% less CO2) before the end of 2014.
- Also on the way is the Hybrid4, a diesel hybrid that will be available on the DS 5. It combines the road performance of the HDi 160 diesel with the efficiency of electric propulsion. This 4-wheel-drive engine technology delivers up to 200hp, with CO2 emissions of only 85 g/km.
Visitors were invited to discover real experiences through various activities, including:
– An olfactory workshop to discover the scents of Fragrance DS WORLD PARIS workshop;
– An upholstery workshop to share with the artisans center DS style and discover the beauty of the materials used by the brand, etc..
A Motor Show 2014 with a varied and premium program where DS Brand was honored by the “Divine DS ‘s Best Concept Car Award ” that demonstrated, once again, the seductive power of the creations of the brand. Many visitors were seduced by their immersion in the universe and DS will invite them to upcoming appointments to enrich the DS experience.